The Prospect branch of the Marion Public Library was established in 1937, with the All Arts Club of Prospect taking the lead in starting the branch. The first home of the library was a room above Stuckey Market. Later it was moved to a downstairs location across the street in a building owned by the late C.E. Almendinger.
A bequest of the late Mrs. Fred K. Dix, in memory of her husband, enabled the move in 1950 to its present location adjacent to the Post Office. Fred Keller Dix was a poet and former editor and publisher of the Prospect Monitor. Mrs. Dix was an active member of the All Arts Club. The branch was renovated in 1994 at the behest of the Marion Public Library Board of Trustees.
116 N. Main Street
Prospect, OH 43342