The LaRue branch was the first of the branches to be established. It opened in November, 1936 with the cooperation of the Twentieth Century Club as a memorial to Mrs. J. D. Henkle, a charter member of the Club. The Mrs. Ferol Holliday estate gave a bequest for the branch in 1971.
When the LaRue village council provided additional space for the branch in the Town Hall, the Marion Public Library board used the Holliday bequest to completely renovate the branch. Work on the Henkle-Holliday Memorial Library was completed in 1980.
86 S. High Street
LaRue, OH 43332