Adopted: May 12, 1998
Revised: June 17, 2008
Revised July 20, 2010
The primary purpose of the Marion Public Library meeting rooms is to provide space for library activities and programs. The needs of the Library and its sponsored activities and programs take precedence over all other uses. Meeting rooms, when not needed by the library, will be available for public use as follows:
1. Meeting rooms are available during normal operating hours.
a. Meeting rooms are available at no cost to non-profit groups for events that are open to the public. No fees or solicitations are permitted.
b. Meeting rooms may also be used by individuals, groups and businesses for non-profit reason for events closed to the public for a fee of $50 payable with application.
c. The library makes no endorsement, express or implied, of any non-library event or activity held in the meeting room. Publicity of such events must include a disclaimer to this effect.
d. Preparation for, conduct of, and clean-up after events may not interfere with or intrude upon normal library business.
2. All applications for use of the meeting room shall be made through the office of the library director.
a. Applications will be accepted no more that two (2) months in advance (for example, a room to be used on May 10th may not be reserved before March 10th).
b. Organizations with reoccurring meetings may request Monday or Wednesday evening use of library meeting rooms in November for the following year, 12 room uses per year can be allowed per organization.
c. The meeting room application must be made by an adult, who:
i. will be present at the event,
ii. will be responsible for the orderly conduct of the group,
iii. will be held liable in the event of any damage to library property.
3. The User Conduct Policy, as posted in the meeting rooms, applies to all use of the meeting rooms with exceptions only as listed in this policy.
a. Children under the age of eight accompanying adult users of the meeting room shall not be left unattended in the library.
b. Meetings and activities must not disrupt normal library function.
c. Refreshments may be served in the meeting rooms. Groups are responsible for providing all serving utensils and cleaning up following meetings.
d. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
4. Room setup and equipment
a. Groups are responsible for arranging the chairs, tables, and other equipment to meet their own needs.
b. Groups must return the room to its original state and vacate the room at least 15 minutes before closing.
c. Library audiovisual equipment is available with prior reservation. A fee schedule will be available at the time of reservation.
d. Groups may not store or leave their equipment beyond the scheduled use of the room.
5. The name, address, or telephone number of the Library may not be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization other than the Friends of the Marion Public Library.
6. The Library Board of Trustees and the Library staff assume no liability for groups or individuals attending any meeting or program in the Library.
7. The Library reserves the right to deny use of the meeting rooms to those who have abused these privileges.
Taxonomy upgrade extras: